"Natural deodorant doesn't work..."
"Natural deodorant makes me smell even worse..."
We've heard it again and again. If natural deodorant hasn't worked for you, or if you're looking to make the switch, you'll most likely need to detox your pits first to get rid of the build up from your previous 'traditional' deodorants. Gross, but also very satisfying.
Use a DIY clay mask to reset your pits and get rid of all that gunk. We love this recipe from Wellness Mama: https://wellnessmama.com/25432/detox-your-armpits/
What you'll need:
How to do it:
- Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bowl (do not use metal!) with a wooden or non-metal spoon until about the consistency of sour cream.
- Spread in an even layer over the armpits and allow to sit for 5-20 minutes. We suggest starting slowly and working up to a longer period of time once you see how your body adjusts. If it hurts at all, remove immediately.
- This may cause some redness as it will increase blood flow to the area, but it will go away quickly.
- Wash off in the shower or with a warm, wet washcloth.
- Repeat daily or as needed until underarm odor goes away and natural deodorant is non-irritating.
It may take a few weeks for your body to adjust and rid of all the build up from years of wearing traditional deodorant. Be patient! It's worth the switch to au natural.
Want to make the switch? Try Really Nice Pits, our natural deodorant that's free of aluminum, baking soda, parabens, phthalates, artificial colors and synthetic fragrances.